top of page
  • Writer's pictureWRIL-FM

Fire at a Tazewell motel sends three to the hospital including officers rescuing occupants.

From WRIL with content from WATE -

Submitted by Scott Warren

As we reported on Friday afternoon just before 1:30pm, a fire was reported by a detective driving by at Imperial Inn on Motel Hill on Highway 25 in Tazewell. WRIL has learned that the fire started in a room adjacent to two elderly occupants.


WATE reports that Tazewell Police learned that two tenants were inside a room and officers went inside to get them out of the building.


Tazewell Police Chief Jeremy Myers said he and three other officers are suffering from smoke inhalation they received while rescuing the occupants. The department used an extinguisher from their cruiser to put out the fire before the fire department arrived, according to the police chief. “The fire was contained to two rooms and is believed to be electrical in nature,” Myers said.


Those affected by the smoke were transported by Claiborne EMS to Claiborne Medical Center for treatment.


Also responding to the incident was TNT Fire Department, South Claiborne Fire Department, Springdale Fire Department, and North Tazewell Fire Department.

1,653 views0 comments
bottom of page