9 arrested following drug complaint investigations in Laurel County
From The Laurel County Sheriff's Department -
Laurel County Sheriff John Root Along with Sheriff's detectives and deputies arrested nine individuals in southern Laurel County while investigating drug related complaints there on Thursday afternoon August 15, 2019 at approximately 1 PM. Individuals were arrested from three different locations off American Greeting Card Road and off KY 1223.
Several Individuals were arrested on drug related charges, after individuals were found in possession of meth, scales, and other drugs. In addition, individuals were also located there wanted on outstanding warrants.
Those arrested included: 1. Daryl Ray Earls age 34 of S. Old Whitley Rd., London charged with possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – methamphetamine; possession of drug paraphernalia.
2. Sarah N. Slusher age 38 of KY 718, Walker, KY charged with public intoxication – controlled substances; possession of drug paraphernalia. In addition, this subject was charged on a Bell Circuit Court indictment warrant of arrest charging theft of identity of another without consent.
3. Nicole Ann Reeves age 38 of Earl Howard Rd., Keavy charged with public intoxication – controlled substances.
4. Ashley N. Love age 30 of East Highway 1223, London charged with possession of drug paraphernalia; tampering with physical evidence.
5. Steve Delacruz age 54 of Robert E. Cox Rd., Corbin charged on a Knox District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of operating on suspended or revoked operator's license; contempt of court; and other violations.
6. Samantha Cook age 41 of Robert E. Cox Rd., London charged on a Rockcastle District Court warrant of arrest charging theft by unlawful taking – auto – $500 or more but under $10,000.
7. Michael J. Flannelly age 24 of Robert E. Cox Rd., Corbin charged on a Knox District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of public intoxication – controlled substances; possession of drug paraphernalia.
8. Kimberly Cope age 39 of Kentucky Family Dr., Corbin charged with possession of marijuana.
9. Juan Gonzalez age 27 of Cumberland Falls Hwy., Corbin charged with endangering the welfare of a minor; possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of marijuana.-Two small children were in the apartment where deputies detected the smell of marijuana and also found marijuana and paraphernalia in a drawer where children's clothes were stored.
All nine arrested individuals were lodged in the Laurel County correctional center. Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County correctional center. Social services assisted the Laurel County Sheriff's office at the scene.
Assisting for the Laurel County Sheriff's office were: Maj. Chuck Johnson, Capt. Kevin Berry, Lieut. Robbie Grimes, Detective Sgt. Chris Edwards, Detective James Sizemore, Detective Kyle Gray, Detective Bryon Lawson, Deputy Taylor McDaniel, Deputy Jake Miller and his K-9 “Gotcha”, and Sgt. Brett Reeves. Also assisting were Bailiff Jacklyn Johnson, Bailiff Roy Ball, Bailiff Daniel Reed.
Laurel Sheriff John Root stated that drug investigations will be continuing.